Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Really CAN'T Tell You How, Actually . . .

"Tell me how I knew you were gonna say that."
Good God, I can't stand when people say that. And people say that a lot (at least people I'm associated with).

The simple fact of the matter is, unless either a) you previously explained to me how you did whatever it is you did; b) I was there and thus able to clearly describe exactly how you did whatever it is you did from my eye-witness account; or c) you surrendered control of your mind to me - I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW YOU DID IT! Why the hell are you asking me, anyway? Because nine out of ten times I wasn't there when you were doing whatever the hell it is you did and then asked how you did it.

Then there's the fact that at least eighty percent of the time I don't GIVE a shit about whatever you did and are asking me to explain how you did it. Get the hint. People don't care about explaining the action that you did back to you. I mean, hell, shouldn't you of all people know what the hell you did - didn't YOU do it?

Anyway. I'm having trouble staying awake.

Stay classy

No comments:

Post a Comment