Sunday, March 29, 2009

Just When You Thought You Had Shit Figured Out . . .

. . . you're proven wrong yet AGAIN. And by "you" I mean "me." Well, in that ellipsis-broken-up sentence, it would actually be "I," but fuck it. You know what I meant.

Like I've said, I think I'm a pretty good reader of people; for the most part, I think that I understand people pretty well, especially for someone who hasn't had any formal training in behavioral analysis or personality theory.

So far this year, I've had one incident that really tested how much I believe that statement.

Tonight there was another.

I mean . . . I dunno. People are so . . . unpredictable. Four people, individuals who have been through Satan's shit together and ended up still standing on the other side . . . I just don't know how shit can degenerate so fucking quickly. In all honesty, it really does make me kinda sad.

Sometimes it comes down to genuine ignorance. When it comes to ignorance, I've got a little bit of mixed feelings.

I can understand ignorance. I definitely don't LIKE it, or ACCEPT it, but I can understand it. It's impossible to fully understand how other people are feeling, even if you've experienced exactly what they're experiencing, because no two people are the same, and no two people react the same way to shit. So ignorance could almost be seen as a logical result of interactions between people. I just thought that once you've been through shit with someone, you get some sort of, I dunno, deeper understanding of them. This way, ignorance when it comes to how they're feeling and how they'll feel in response to things you say or do is significantly lessened.

Apparently, I was sadly mistaken.

Of course, there's always the idea that sometimes people just don't GIVE a flying fuck if they hurt someone and it has absolutely nothing to do with ignorance. However, I'd like to believe that everyone is inherently not a prick though, so I try to shy away from that idea.

Maybe that makes me naive. Maybe it makes me an idiot. Who knows.

But regardless . . . after tonight, I dunno how much longer I can hold onto that belief without being more naive than I can afford to be.

I dunno. I'm tired. Exhausted, actually. Today was a hell of a day. A rollercoaster, as a good friend very aptly put it.

Tomorrow I'm gonna put a nice loogie on the Mets' new stadium. Should be a good day.

In the meantime.

Stay classy

. . . please.

No comments:

Post a Comment