Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Quite a Character, that Cletus . . .

Hey all (and "all" is Coinstar, A-Ham, Maria, Waffles, Spanky, Jeff, R n' R, Juice, Chris O., Black, Marteen, and Welch). Let me tell you a story.

I was walking down Utopia Parkway a few days ago, when I happened on a strange little old man, with a full gray beard and (pretty nice) aviator shades, wearing a brown St. John's University hoody with the hood up. I thought it kinda weird that he was so freakin' old and wearing such minty-fresh shades and had a nicer hoody than the bullshit one I was rockin' at the time, so I approached him carefully.

It was then I noticed that he was talking to himself, about a lot of different things, but he was muttering so all I could really catch was ". . . muh name's Cletus . . ." and ". . . back in Vietnam . . ."

He was definitely crazy, no doubt - but I've been feeling like I've been running low on material lately, so I decided to offer him a position on the "staff" of Legally Blind Observations, to which he replied ". . . muh name's Cletus." I took that as him accepting my offer, so if all goes well (and he can operate a computer), Cletus will have a weekly post up here about . . . whatever the hell he's talking about. It'll be called "The Cletus Corner", and it'll be good, I promise. I just don't know what day of the week it will be . . . and I don't think he does either.

I dunno, readership. I think this guy's going places.

Anyway, a warm welcome to Cletus. It's a party, sir. I promise.

As for the rest of you hooligans.

Stay classy

No comments:

Post a Comment