Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Little Retrospective

Hey all. As my first year of college life comes to a close, I thought I'd reflect on it a little here.

This has DEFINITELY been a year for the books. I fell in love, I fought for love, and I lost it. I met people, made friends, lost friends, made new ones BECAUSE I lost those ones, and finally figured out who my true friends were. I fought people for reasons that were so ridiculous that, looking back, I have to wonder what the fuck we were thinking. I've learned a hell of a lot, both from classes and from people - and the stuff I learned from people was pretty disconcerting and disillusioned the everloving shit out of me.

This year has made me question a lot of things that I thought I'd never have to question, about life, people, and myself. Through all the bullshit, all the bickering and fighting, and all the wondering what in the fuck was going on, I'm still standing on the other side (well, actually sorta lying down. But you know what I mean).

And now I'm happy. And the summer's coming up. And then next year I'll be moving in amongst a bunch of pissed-off soccer moms and old folks who will be pissed that the Henley Road building is finally gonna be occupied.

And I'll have fun.

But above all, the one thing I'll do?

Like you even have to ask.

Stay classy

No comments:

Post a Comment