Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The More Things Change . . .

. . . the more I wonder what the hell happened. I'm starting to feel like I'm about five years behind on the realization that people are . . . interesting, to keep things positive. Whenever I try to explain this revelation to people they either seem sympathetic or in essence say something like "duh."

So all that shit aside, yeah . . . the more things change, the more I wonder what the hell happened. Shit was never perfect, per se - and it never is - but it was peaceful. Genuinely peaceful, because shit's relatively peaceful now too, but it's like . . . I dunno. I feel like someone could sneeze and we'd all be called to arms again. And if it has to be like that, so be it, cuz I'm so sick of this shit that a fight to end it would be a worthy cause, in all honesty . . . but I'd definitely rather not have it come to that.

I mean, it's stupid shit, really. People saying one thing when there's no one around, and then the exact opposite when other people are there, and then the first thing again when they leave. Why do you let other people define who you are? You were fine as you were . . . you made it here without them fine, didn't you? So what the fuck?

I feel like I've learned more about people in these two semesters than at any other time in my life, and I'm really not sure that's a good thing. Of course, it means I have a deeper understanding of people and whatnot. But what about all the people observations I've made and held to be true up until now? What do those mean, if I'm completely thrown for a fucking loop so effortlessly by people now? Makes me question some things that I thought I wouldn't ever have to question. Blehhh.

Whatever.

I dunno. I know it's stupid that I'm stressin' about this shit. But like when I look at how shit was and compare it to how shit's been and how it's looking right about now, I have to wonder . . . what the fuck happened?

I dunno. Fuck it. Shit'll be fine in a few weeks.

In the meantime, dear readership . . .

Stay classy

No comments:

Post a Comment