Thursday, August 13, 2009

Gamestop Can Burn in Hell and Get Anally Penetrated

. . . after Waldy gets Halo 3: ODST and Assassin's Creed 2.

Readership, Gamestop is so fucking ridiculous. Let me spit it as it is real quick.

I don't usually play video games when I'm home (at school is a different story though). So, I figured I'd get a little bit of money trading in the games that I NEVER play (as opposed to the games that I SELDOM play). There were four games: Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (PS2), All-Star Baseball 2004 (PS2), Pa-Rappa The Rapper (PSP) and SOCOM: Tactical Strike (PSP). I honestly can't remember what I paid for the PS2 games, but realistically, it was at least $20 each. That's a VERY minimalistic estimate. Honestly, it's probably more like $30, but we'll go with $20. I got SOCOM for Christmas, but I saw it in the store and it was $40. Pa-Rappa The Rapper was $30. I know this because it still had the "$29.99 NEW" sticker on the box. So let's add that up. Two PS2 games at $20 each is $40, plus a $40 SOCOM is $80, plus a $30 Pa-Rappa is $110.

Let's pause here for a moment. I know that trading in games means a few things. One, as even if I just opened the box - and didn't even play it! - the game is used. Used means less value. I understand that. Two, when you trade games in to Gamestop, you can either get 100% of the trade-in value as a store credit, or get it in cash - minus 20%. I was short on money and needed some so I could go grab some food with my homies. I knew that my usual costs about 5 bucks. I knew how FUCKING RETARDED Gamestop is with their trade-in shit going into the situation. "What do you mean, Fred?" I'll tell you a true story: I've literally bought a game, played it, marked the box visibly and irreversibly, traded it in, and seen it back on the shelves as a used game for ten or fifteen bucks more than what they gave me for it.

Yeah. That's what I said.

Even STILL, I figured I'd get $15 (if I was lucky). Four games, one of them pretty recent (I got SOCOM for Christmas last year), and one of them clearly marked with its original price when new ($29.99). But regardless of all that, at the BARE MINIMUM, I thought I'd get $10.

AT THE LEAST.

You know how much I got back?

FIVE DOLLARS.

AND THIRTY-TWO CENTS.

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN $6.65 STORE CREDIT. FOR GAMES I ORIGINALLY PAID $110 FOR.

Fuck you in the ass and burn in Hell, Gamestop.

Just give my homey Waffles his shit first.

IF YOU CAN, FUCKER.

Stay classy

5 comments:

  1. you already know who this is but all i have to say is that gamestop can go get lynched after halo 3 ODST and AC2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said indeed Waffles. I got the rope right heeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Amazon.com average price for those games in very good condition:
    THU2: $2
    ASB2k4: $2-3
    PaRappa: $6
    SOCOM: $7
    Total: $17-$18

    Just to correct, you were not offered $5.32 for $110 worth of games. You were offered $6.65 for $17 worth of games. That would leave Gamestop ten bucks profit.
    Gamestop "FUCKED [you] IN THE ASS" so that they could pay an employee for an hour of work. Next time, make it easier for both parties by buying and selling directly with other people (Amazon is good for that.) If you don't want to do that, then bend over and let Gamestop "fuck you in the ass" the old-fashioned, consensual way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, first off I'm going to thank you for leaving your name. While I really don't like what you said too much, I respect that you left your name (seriously).
    Next, to your points.
    I admit I misspoke when giving the "value" of the games at $110. I should have said "$5 for games that I spent $110 on originally" or something along the lines of that, as that would've been more accurate.
    Second, while I'm aware that Amazon would've yielded more money for me, I needed the money THAT NIGHT, as opposed to at a buyer's earliest convenience. So Amazon was out of the question.
    Gamestop and Funcoland have been my go-to places for games since I bought my Super Nintendo when I was like 7, and this post was mainly for entertainment. I was kinda mad, but I had wholly accepted going in that I wasn't going to get a lot of money for the games. It just surprised me that I got $5. I see WHY I did, but it still surprised me.
    So, Pat, thank you again for a well-articulated comment and for leaving your name.
    And there will be no consensual buttsex between me and Gamestop.

    -Fred

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat is a herbbbb. Shut the fuck up and go suck Game Stop's dick. I'm surprised you don't want Game Stop to fuck YOU in the ass you piece of shitttttt

    ReplyDelete