Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Let's Press Pause on the Land Before Time

Hey readership. I was just now (actually like two seconds ago) having a discussion with my colleague co-professor Maeron aka The Purp, and we hit upon something.

The Land Before Time (like Kidz Bop) has spawned far more sequels than people a) want, b) need, and c) give a flying monkeyshit about.

Now according to IMDB, there are at least 13 "The Land Before Time" movies in the continuity of the original (even if the original creators stopped after the first one was finished - wisely, I might add), with a few "Sing-A-Long" spinoffs (yuck). They just keep making these freakin' things! I mean, the first one came out in 1988, so by the time I was born and intelligent enough to know what I was watching there were three already. But get this: from 1994-2004, there was at least one "The Land Before Time" sequel put out PER YEAR. Then they took a two-year break (probably to try and salvage any bit of their souls that they had left), and then put out two more in two years, to bring the grand total up to thirteen.

My theory? They're trying to make enough "The Land Before" time sequels to have one for each year that's passed since the dinosaurs died out.

Only 69,999,987 movies left. Give or take.

Stay classy

No comments:

Post a Comment