Friday, September 4, 2009

The Most Religious People in the World . . .

. . . are definitely drug dealers. And gangstas. Not like those fake-ass punk bitch kids who're like "yo run your shit I'm gangsta," I'm talking the ones with cocked Berettas held sideways to your temple shouting some crazy shit about your chain and respect.

Maybe gangstas feel bad about all the cap-bustin' and dome-stompin' they do, and feel that maybe they'll get some kind of favorable treatment when they get to that Gangsta Paradise in the sky if they get there rockin' a Jesus piece (or more recently, the "thing" seems to be rosary beads), in addition to their 7 3/8" fitted and the nickel 9 in their waistband.

"How'd you get here, my son?"
"Chill with the questions bitchnigga Saint Peter, I got my Jesus piece so lemme in 'fore I bust a cap up in that halo and wing-rockin' ass o' yours."
"Oooooh I see okay."

Not how I envision a gangsta's reception at the Pearly Gates.

Drug dealers are in a similar vein. Now, let me be clear - I don't do drugs, I've never interacted with a drug dealer (while he or she was dealing, anyway, as I DO know people who sling some trees every now and then). However, I've seen enough drug dealers on the street and whatnot to make this observation: aside from priests, drug dealers have the highest Jesus-piece-per-body percentage out of any other type or person.

Once again, I think it boils down to a redemption type of thing. They're selling all these terrible substances to all these people who will in turn use them and either trip balls and do something stupid to themselves or someone else, or they'll die from the effects, which makes them feel like a piece of shit.

But with all the Jesuses glinting gold in the glow from the streetlamps, you almost want to ask these people: "What would Jesus do?"

And as R n' R said: "Not sell drugs!"

Ain't that the truth.

Stay classy

No comments:

Post a Comment